BotanoFresh™ 400 is an innovative natural solution for storage, improving storage stability and extending the effective post-harvest lifetime of fresh-cut lettuce, by effectively delaying fresh lettuce oxidation and reducing lettuce rots and browning.
- Inhibition of lettuce discoloration
- Anti-oxidant protection
- Effective, enzymatic browning inhibition
- GRAS approved natural ingredients
- Controlled release
- Patented formulation
- Free from residuals
- Improved fresh-cut handling
- Smart innovative packaging solution
- Protection throughout all temperatures /climates even at the low temperatures of storage facilities
- Easy to use
Application - non-woven fabric
Breakthrough Efficacy Results
We tested the efficacy of BotanoFresh™ 400 fabric in preventing lettuce oxidation and reducing rots and enzymatic browning. Lettuce was stored for 10 days with (Figure A) and without (Figure B) the BotanoFresh™ 400 evaporating fabric.
Significant inhibition of enzymatic browning was shown after 10 days storage, see picture on the left showing a clear fresh green leaf with no damage.